The original author of the JadClipse project maintains it no more, and the latest build 3.4.0 doesn’t support eclipse 4.x.
To install JadClipse for Eclipse 4.x (Juno, Kepler, etc) simply add this URL to your Eclipse Installation:
No need to set jad path in the preference page.
FOR OLDER VERSIONS:
Jadclipse is an eclipse plug-in that integrates Jad (Java decompiler) with Eclipse.
- First you require Jad for decompiling java files. You can find a list of mirrors on this site where you can get JAD for various platforms. Download it and unzip into any folder on your hard drive.
- Next download the Jadclipse plug-in jar file from here and place the jar file in your eclipse plugins folder
- Restart your eclipse. If eclipse didn’t recognize the plug-in then launch eclipse with -clean flag.
- Configure the path to the Jad executable in eclipse under Window > Preferences… > Java > JadClipse > Path to Decompiler.
- Set the full path of the jad executable, e.g. C:\Program Files\Jad\jad.exe
- Go to Window > Preferences… > General > Editors > File Associations and make sure that the JadClipse Class File Viewer has the default file association for *.class files.
Now everything is done. If you want to view the source for any class then simply ctrl+click on that class then the source for that class will be showed in your eclipse editor.